I hesitate to even make genealogy goals for 2022. If you have been following my blog, then you know that I have been diagnosed with amytrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease), a progressive neurologic disorder and a life expectancy of 2 to 5 years. Last year, I completed and submitted article about my mother’s German ancestors. Article wasn’t published. But that’s OK. Using principles learned in Genealogy Do-Over, I began a complete and thorough re-organization of all things genealogical. Digital file reorganization is now about 90% complete.
My energy reserves are waning. So, I must be very mindful of what is truly possible within the next year. My genealogy goals for 2022 are few and very specific.
- Finish duplication of Ellerbee scrapbook for son & sister-in-law.
- If possible, duplicate Simmons scrapbook and Johnson -Reed scrapbook.
- Complete Inventory of all genealogy materials (paper files, digital files, websites, books and hard copy items, photographs, etc. ). Place print copy of inventory with estate planning documents for son who agreed to be caretaker of genealogy items.
- Send copy of Maurer lineage to cousins.
- Explore options for sending unpublished manuscripts to Wayback Machine\Internet Archive.
- Add Posten cousin as Editor to Ancestry tree.
These few items will ensure that all materials will be in the hands of at least two people.
What about the Posting Family Roots Blog? I can’t say. I will try to post at least once a month.
© Susan Posten Ellerbee and Posting Family Roots blog, 2022
One thought on “Genealogy goals 2022”
Thinking of you on your blogiversary! Miss your posts.